Set up the pre-installation environment
Before moving on to installing your theme, there is a couple of things you will need to do.
- You will need to activate the SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure feature.
- Deactivate the Minimal Download Strategy feature, that usually appears activated by default in these type of sites.
- Lastly, activate the SharePoint Server Publishing feature.
To activate SharePoint Publishing Features you will have to be an Admin or to have been granted permissions from your Admin.
- Open the settings menu and click on Site settings;
Under Site Collection Administration, click on Site collection features;
If you're seeing Go to top level site settings instead of Site collection features under Site Collection Administration, click on Go to top level site settings and then Site collection features.
Search for SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure and click on Activate. SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure activated. ✅ On to deactivating the Minimal Download Strategy.
- On your root site, open the settings menu and click on Site settings;
- Under Site Actions, click on Manage Site Features;
- Search for Minimal Download Strategy and click on Deactivate. Minimal Download Strategy deactivated. ✅
- In the same list, search for SharePoint Server Publishing and click on Activate. SharePoint Server Publishing activated. ✅